12.12.2008




I saw the movie "Married Life" this week and the only thing I liked about it were the opening credits. I think they were done by Unjoo Lee Byars, but I'm not completely sure. They took vintage textile designs and animated them, making it all look like a moving collage. The patterns interacted with the figures (which looked like old magazine ad cut-outs), while Doris Day sang "I Can't Give You Anything But Love". I did some research on vintage wallpaper/textile patterns for a project I did some years ago, and I know some of these patterns (at least most of them) where taken from one particular book called "Wallpaper Designs". The book (cover image is at the bottom) includes a CD ROM with hi-res images that you can download. Like I said, it's not a great movie, but the titles were kind of cool.

No comments: